WHO WE ARE
The Ukrainian Center for Independent Political Research (UCIPR) is a non-governmental and non-partisan think tank that develops democratic procedures in government policy, thus promoting among the public the idea of irreversibility of democratic changes.
UCIPR is focused on the study of socio-political processes in Ukraine and the EU Member States, generates ideas and advocates proposals for good governance, carries out civic and political educational activities, and creates social communication platforms.
UCIPR was founded at the dawn of Ukraine’s independence by students who took part in the Revolution on Granite of 1991. Today, it is one of the leading Ukrainian institutions that systematically works on the strengthening of democracy, good governance, the exercise of political rights and civil freedoms.
AREAS OF ACTIVITY
- Supporting civil society and developing participatory mechanisms;
- Ensuring the rights of national minorities and indigenous peoples, participating in anti-discrimination policy;
- Facilitating dialogue, social cohesion, expression of civil freedoms;
- Studying transformations of political systems in new democracies, developing parliamentarism, party and election policies;
- Encouraging representative and direct democracy at the national and local levels;
- Strengthening national security potential, supporting public environment security, and combating new challenges (Crimea’s de-occupation and reintegration of the Donbas);
- Promoting European and Euro-Atlantic integration.